Yorkshire Fire Solutions are BM Trada accredited, allowing us to enable clients to become fully compliant with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. There is a legal requirement for those responsible for buildings under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order, to ensure that all fire doors continue to retain the ability to resist the passage of fire throughout their working life. However, a doorset’s fire resistance capabilities can be seriously compromised, if it is not maintained by an individual who has appropriate knowledge of this complex life safety product.
Yorkshire Fire Solutions are certified to the Exova BM Trada Q-Mark fire door maintenance scheme, which demonstrates that we are suitably qualified to carry out maintenance work to a standard that will allow your doors to continue to perform as required.
This video from the BWF (British Woodworking Federation) shows why specification and good installation are so important to the performance of a Fire Door.
- Stress the importance of third party accredited certification with respect to work carried out on fire doors
- Raise the on-going standard of fire door maintenance
- Maximise the service life of your fire doors
- Provide you with peace of mind that we are consistently delivering the quality of service through independent verification by a third-party certification body
- Provide the person responsible for buildings with a comprehensive maintenance schedule to meet their obligations under the RR(FS)O
- Raise the ongoing standard of installation of fire doors
- Ensure your products fire resistance capabilities are maintained
- Ensure your products service life is maximized through correct installation
- Provide you with peace of mind that we are suitably qualified and that our work is continually assessed by an independent body
Compartmentation & Fire stopping is a fire protection system made of various components used to seal openings and joints in fire-resistance rated walls and/or floor assemblies to prevent the spread of fire & if there is a stay put policy, the area you are in is safe and can protect you. Fire stopping is designed to restore the fire-resistance ratings of walls and/or floor assemblies by impeding the spread of fire by filling the openings with fire-resistant materials. Unprotected openings in fire separations cancel out the fire-resistance ratings of the fire separations, allowing the spread of fire, usually past the limits of the fire safety plan of a building.
Both the Building Regulations and the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order (RRFSO) require that the person fitting fire-stopping products is competent to do so and third-party certification is the accepted means of demonstrating competency.
The Exova BM TRADA Q-Mark fire stopping installation scheme is designed to ensure that fire stopping solutions are being fitted correctly, in accordance with both the manufacturer’s instructions and their fire test evidence and that the fire stopping installation company is competent to carry out such work.
- Fire stopping components include intumescent pastes & sealants, cementitious mortars, silicone, fire stopping pillows, mineral fibers, and rubber compounds.
- Fire stopping should be maintained in accordance with the listing, approval use, and compliance. Construction documentation sometimes includes an inventory of all fire stopping in a building, with drawings indicating location and the certification listings of each fire stopping. Using this, a building owner can meet the requirements of the RRFSO 2005 (Regulatory Fire Safety Order 2005) related to fire safety products and barriers during the period of building occupation. Otherwise, improper repairs may result, which would violate the RRFSO 2005 and could allow a fire to travel between areas intended to be separated during a fire event.
- We undertake a full site inspection audit to check the correct compartmentation is installed, any penetrations are adequately sealed and protected via our BM Trada Q Mark Fire Stopping Certification and bespoke inspecting software, that shows photos and defect information found. Having the correct Fire Compartmentation carried out and checked by Yorkshire Fire Solutions Ltd will ensure any cavity fire barriers, voids above suspended or false ceilings, cable & pipe penetrations are correct and comply with BS 476 Part 22 for Fire Stopping & BS9999 for Fire Compartmentation